Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Seattle

I went to Seattle a couple weeks ago to get acquainted with Ry and Alicia's new digs.
Want to hear about it? Here goes.

First, I flew enough times in January and February that I now have a collection of nearly a dozen sea shells and whales.
So, the big plan for Alicia in Seattle was to win me over with food. Smart lady.
It went something like this:
me - oh, I love chowder!
Alicia - (furiously working the iPhone)...vegan chowder at Pikes!
And so we walk. Delish.
As if anyone in my family could resist.
Major rehab/construction going on at the Market, workers are looking a little beat.
Ry and Alica - mumbles mumbles gum wall grumpy mumbles it's cold.
Alicia - Do you want to see the gum wall?
me - I think so?
Alicia - Yay.
Ryan - Grumble.
Turns out yes, I definitely wanted to see this. So filthy. It was dripping. And patriotic.
Ryan's dream house.
We went on a hike to Twin Falls.
Pistol was there too, but too dirty to pick up.
Trees growing out of trees.
Ry and I went for a couple of runs. His house is somewhere in the left third of this photo (taken from Gasworks). We ran around this lake (Union), at nearly 7 miles it was my longest run since CIM in December, and it was cold, I slowed him down.

We had dinners at In the Bowl and Plum, vegan brunch with bloody mary's at High Line, drinks at the Lookout, Linda's, and another place that was fancy with a funny name. Ryan beat us a bunch of times at a card game very much like Slamwich. Hemp yogurt at some uber hippie shop. Late night tots. Popcorn. Chocolate. Field Roast sandwiches and homemade fries. Space Needle and Music Experience and the Troll. It was bitterly cold the entire time I was there, but it didn't rain a drop.

So much eating and so much fun. I can see why they like it there. I hope they don't stay forever.

1 comment:

ryan said...

You didn't slow me down it was a good pace. We had a great time.