fridays are my day off from training. i'm supposed to rest. i don't do well with days off. i set my alarm for an hour later, but i still woke up at 5:00 today. with a brain full of craft/home improvement/garden projects, there was no going back to sleep.
i needed supplies from around the neighborhood for one of my project ideas, plant-type supplies, so i figured this was as good a time as any to go out collecting. poor claire was (as usual) yelling at me, she's been cooped up for a while and could use some fresh air, so i threw her in a canvas bag over my shoulder and we set out. crossing broadway i encountered my first person of the day and considered what i might look like to someone who wasn't in my brain. i was walking to the park, in the dark, with a plastic bag, a shovel, gloves, a head lamp, a hooded sweatshirt, and a cat in a bag over my shoulder.
i got what i needed, and claire is safe and sound back in my apartment. not at all buried in the park on top of russian hill.
and i've decided i just might have to be one of those people who mounts their tv over the fireplace. i'm uneasy with this, i've stood proudly against such a thing. mantles are for art and family photos and secret candy dishes, not for televisions. but i have an idea, it might turn out ok, stay tuned...
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel you on the hesitation to put your TV on your mantle --- only because I've seen your pretty mantle and not because I have one myself. Recently, I was at a friends house for a few hours before I even noticed she had a TV, and it was right in the middle of her living room. She had a beautiful piece of fabric over it, and a framed picture leaning against it. When not in use, you didn't even notice it. That's an option.
Also? You probably looked SUPER shady this morning. I'm surprised someone didn't try to save Claire from her parky demise. :)
hahahaaaa dude thats so funny!!
I stole so many plants from the botanical gardens last week. they had piles of clipped succulents . they grow like mad out there! hopefully they make it out here. i hope the worst of the frost is over.
It's very funny and all but you are worrying me just a bit!
Post a Comment