So, I bought a proper bike a few months ago and started training with a big ride this weekend as the goal: 204 miles, two days, Seattle to Portland.
STP 2011
First we had to get to Seattle, here's a red eye road trip sunrise
Seattle, Day 1, 7:00 am
Centralia, Day 1, 2:00 pm
Derek and Ry enjoying a half dozen orange cremesicles after day 1's 99 miles
(this was followed by hours at the beer garden with veggie pizza, pretzels, and live music)
Tent city, bed time, 8:34 pm...
Day 2, 7:00 am
Day 2, 46 miles in, 10:00 am
(not quite as smiley)
When I could see the boys, this was all I saw: brother butt.
Oregon!!
Portland!!
About 2:00 pm, thinking we're there...we're not, downtown is still 10 miles of city streets and stoplights away.
I hung out in Portland for a couple of days, saw Jake and Anna and Marissa and rode my bike around (more?! yes) for some exploring.
Vegan Row:
Sweet Pea Bakery
Food Fight Grocery
Herbivore Clothing Company
Scapegoat Tattoo
Food Fight Grocery
Herbivore Clothing Company
Scapegoat Tattoo
Food Fight had vegan mozarella sticks. For real. And I didn't even try them.
Also, I love Dave's Killer Bread, specifically the Peace Bomb.
Day time road trip home, Mt. Shasta
Washington was beautiful. Oregon was nice too, but I liked the Day 1 scenery better. My butt didn't hurt as bad as I expected, I'd do this ride again for sure. Thanks Ry for encouraging us to join you!
Taco Bell count: 0
In-n-Out count: 0
Road trip fail!
Taco Bell count: 0
In-n-Out count: 0
Road trip fail!














4 comments:
JOB WELL DONE!
it was a ton of fun
It's so nice that you did all of this to celebrate Ry's birthday with him. You're a great sister and it's especially awesome that it was fun for you as well!
you left out .. ARTOIS!!!!!
you rock tara! good job! you did it! love you!
Post a Comment